The Foundations of Chinese Medicine, 3rd Edition
Share on social media
The latest edition of this hugely popular volume continues to provide readers in the West with a clear explanation of the theory and practice of Chinese medicine.
Richly illustrated and fully updated throughout, Foundations of Chinese Medicine 3e retains its careful structure to present the subject in a systemized manner which ranges from first principles to the diagnosis and management of a wide range of disease states. NOW WITH AN ACCOMPANYING WEBSITE containing an extensive bank of review and test material, the latest edition of this important volume has been redesigned to provide a more accessible, up-to-date feel to the content to enhance the reader’s learning experience.
Offering a unique combination of rigorous scholarship together with a wealth of clinical experience, Maciocia’s Foundations of Chinese Medicine 3e will be ideal for all students of Chinese medicine, acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine as well as qualified practitioners needing to stay up-to-date with changes in the field.
- 25th Anniversary edition of the Western world’s best-selling book on Chinese medicine!
- Logical, sequential organization builds from basic theoretical concepts, through functions of individual organs, diagnosis, pathology, pattern recognition & disease categories, and the appropriate use of acupuncture points
- Clearly explains the theory and practice of Chinese Medicine to Western medical audiences
- Based on a unique and invaluable combination of extensive clinical experience in the West, current Chinese Medicine textbooks and ancient sources, in particular, the ‘Yellow Emperor’s Classic of Internal Medicine’ (Nei Jing) and the ‘Classic of Difficulties’ (Nan Jing)
- Includes Pinyin equivalents to make it immediately evident which original term is being translated
- Abundantly illustrated with over 750 line drawings and more than 1000 tables & boxes designed to emphasize the key facts
- End of chapter Learning Outcomes point out ‘must-know’ information
- Cases Studies and Case Histories apply theory to diagnosis and treatment, bringing the subject to life in a realistic context
- An extensive Glossary explains new terms and their origins from translation
- Additional Appendices list Prescriptions, Bibliography and Chinese Chronology
- Authored by Giovanni Maciocia, one of the Western world's leading subject matter experts